Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

8 weeks old!!

I can't believe our Julianna is 8 weeks old! She is gaining weight and growing. At her last dr. appt she weighed 9 lbs 5 oz and was 22 inches long. Thats 2lbs 5 oz and 2 in. more than at birth! She is still tiny and still wears newborn clothes but the doctor said she looks great and is perfectly healthy. I am so thankful to have a happy, healthy baby. We are truly blessed.

She is getting such a cute personality now. She smiles and coos and is just generally happy. She is the most adorable thing I have ever seen, not that I am biased or anything. I love waking up to her in the mornings. That is when she is the most happy. I am not a huge fan of the middle of the night feedings, as I like my sleep, but any time I get to spend with her is precious. She is sleeping longer at night now so we are getting our rest again. That is nice. In the evenings she is pretty alert too, and she seems mesmerized by the TV. That is not good!! We are not going to let her be a TV junkie!!! Luckily, she likes her swing too and anything else that makes noise and moves. She is pretty easily entertained at this stage. She loves to be held and I love to hold her.

She also loves her daddy time! George and her have such a special bond. She just gets so happy when he is around, and smiles and coos at him. If she is fussy, he calms her down so easily. Not to mention she looks just like him when he was a baby. We looked at the two baby pictures and it could be the same kid! She  is him made over, all I did was carry and birth her. Of course, her sweetness comes from me too!

She is "talking"more now too, making new noises and her cries have changed. She is growing up on me! I am trying to soak it all in and memorize her every move because I know it won't be long until she is truly all grown up. I know I will miss this stage.

We are going to Alabama next week and I can't wait to show her off to everyone. I am such a proud mommy. Last week we went to Baton Rouge and Julianna and I spent the day with some dear friends, Barbara and Jimmy, while George went to work. It was a great day! I look forward to seeing more special friends when we head to Alabama.

I thank God every day for my wonderful little family. I am also thankful for you, my friends and family, who keep up with us and love us so much. We love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment