Friday, January 7, 2011

How time flies!

It has now been more than a month since Julianna entered our world.  She is the most amazing, wonderful, special gift God has granted us. I know it has been a while since my last post, but I have learned that newborns set the schedule for your life and blogs are not at the top of their list of priorities! My life now revolves around feeding, changing and sleep. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I am going to try to recap the past month for you all, and I will make every effort to make sure my next post is not so far away.

After bringing Julianna home, I discovered that I really don't need as much sleep as I once thought I did. 3 hours at a time is a miracle and believe it or not I can feel rested after 3 hours. That is provided she goes back to sleep after a diaper change and feeding. Sometimes I get lucky, and sometimes she wants to stay up and visit (aka communicate by crying!).

The first two weeks were the hardest, as I transitioned into mommyhood, and my body healed from childbirth.  I had the baby blues, where I cried every night, but that has gotten better. For the first 2 weeks, I did not want to let George out of my sight, and I was extremely clingy to him. He is so good with the baby that I just felt more comfortable with him there. After catching up on my rest and realizing that life had to get back to some sort of normal, I let go of the clinginess and now feel confident in my abilities as a new mom.  We had some wonderful friends who helped in those first two weeks, as my house was messy and often times I would be so focused on feeding Julianna that I forgot to feed myself.  So God blessed us with wonderful friends who brought us meals and straightened up the house. I seriously do not know how single moms do it. My hats off to them.

At 3 weeks old Julianna attended her first Gallamore Christmas party. This is a family event held at our house and she was able to meet some of her aunts, uncles, and cousins for the first time. I think she liked them...she allowed them to all pass her around and hold her while she slept.  I actually missed her while they were here, even though we were in the same room! She is very well loved, and for that I feel so very blessed.

Her first Christmas was spent at home and she slept right through Santa's visit and the opening of gifts. I took pictures of her with her stocking and gifts so we can show her one day all about her first Christmas. We were excited because her Gigi and Papa (dad and Kelly) and Uncle Will got to come for her 1st Christmas. Uncle Will was a bit under the weather so he didn't get to spend much time with us. Hopefully in February when we go to Alabama she can have some quality time with her uncle.

For New Years, her great Granny and Papaw (Margy and Don from Arkansas- Kelly's parents) came to see her. We all went to dinner and then Granny and Papaw babysat so mommy and daddy could go to a movie. I cried when we left as this was our first outing without her since she has been born. But we were home way before midnight and I got to give her and her daddy kisses at midnight. It is going to be a doubly good year!! Of course after kisses her dad had to go out and wake up the neighborhood with our left over fourth of July fireworks. Funny...she slept right though that too!! They sure were pretty, and half the neighborhood came outside to watch. It was a lot of fun.

On New Year's day she turned a month old. George and I have noticed that she stays awake longer now and is much more alert. She just loves to look around and try to figure out what is going on. She smiles a lot, but at this point they are just gas smiles. And boy does she have gas!! Who knew something so tiny could have adult sized toots! I figure it can't be comfortable because she fusses a lot, so I am trying to cut dairy and chocolate out of my diet. They say in breast feeding moms that those items can make it worse. So, this chocoholic ice cream lover is going without until Julianna's digestive system gets a bit stronger. The things we do for our kids!! :)

And now we have come with daddy on our first road trip. We are in Austin for a couple of days while George works. We brought Cocoa too. It is definitely harder traveling with a new baby and a dog.  Luckily my hubby is a master packer so everything fit in our car with room to spare!

I think I have got you all up to date. We did get her newborn pics taken, and I am going to post them on facebook soon, and her birth announcements will be out in a few weeks.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment